If you own a Lexus, you know it is a reliable vehicle that provides a smooth and comfortable ride. However, your Lexus is susceptible to engine failure like any other car. Engine failure is a severe problem that can lead to costly repairs or even a total loss of your vehicle. Therefore, it is essential to know the signs of engine failure in your Lexus so that you can take action before it is too late. This article will discuss the ten worrisome signs of engine failure in your Lexus.
- Warning Lights: If you notice that any warning lights on your dashboard have been illuminated, it’s important to take them seriously. The check engine light, oil pressure light, and temperature warning light indicate that something is wrong with your engine. Many newer Lexus models have advanced engine management systems that can detect issues before they become major problems. However, it’s important not to ignore these warning lights and to have your vehicle inspected by a professional mechanic as soon as possible.
- Strange Noises: Unusual noises such as knocking, tapping, or grinding could indicate engine failure. These noises should not be ignored as they could indicate serious engine damage. Some common causes of engine noise include worn bearings, damaged pistons, and faulty valves. If you notice any unusual noises coming from your engine, it’s important to have your vehicle inspected by a professional mechanic.
- Smoke: Smoke coming from the engine is never a good sign. Blue smoke could indicate burning oil, while white smoke could indicate a coolant leak. In either case, having your vehicle inspected by a professional mechanic as soon as possible is important. Ignoring smoke from your engine can lead to significant engine damage or complete failure.
- Overheating: Overheating is a serious issue that can cause significant engine damage and complete failure. Signs of overheating include steam coming from the engine or a high-temperature gauge reading. If you notice your engine is overheating, it’s important to pull over immediately and turn off the engine. Continuing to drive an overheating engine can cause significant damage.
- Oil Leaks: Oil leaks indicate something is wrong with your engine. Various issues, from a damaged oil pan to a failing gasket, could cause these leaks. If you notice oil leaking from your engine, it’s important to have your vehicle inspected by a professional mechanic. Ignoring oil leaks can lead to significant engine damage.
- Hard Starting: If your engine is having trouble starting, this could be a sign of engine failure. A failing starter motor or a weak battery could cause this. If you notice that your engine is having trouble starting, it’s important to have your vehicle inspected by a professional mechanic.
Engine failure is a serious problem that can lead to costly repairs or even a total loss of your vehicle. Therefore, it is essential to know the signs of engine failure in your Lexus so that you can take action before it is too late. If you notice any of the ten worrisome signs discussed in this article, take your car to a mechanic immediately. By doing so, you can ensure that your Lexus remains a reliable and safe vehicle.
Keep your car running like new with Automed Car Care’s expert services. Schedule an appointment with our car care doctors today to ensure your vehicle’s health and longevity. Don’t wait until it’s too late – prioritize your car’s maintenance and enjoy peace of mind with a well-maintained vehicle.